Join USM Convention Committee!
Join one of these exciting teams to bring your skills & interests to help make the work happen and build the USM Convention:
- Help develop the program for the two day USM National Convention including featured speakers, entertainment, workshops, panels, trainings, elections and reports.
- Help to arrange the logistics for all program participants.
Membership & Registration Team:
- Develop exciting new materials like brochures, flyers and web promos to win new members of Uhuru Solidarity Movement.
- Coordinate the May 2013 USM Membership Weekends nationwide!
- Push for memberships, renewals, sustainers and registrations for the 2013 Convention.
- Build the membership and base of Uhuru Solidarity Movement internationally!
Information-Education (Info-Ed) & Outreach Team:
- Design and produce creative new materials like posters and postcards for the Convention.
- Get the word out on the streets in YOUR city to get people to the Convention!
- Promote the Convention online through social media, emails, blogs and websites!
- Work closely with Membership and Outreach teams to ensure goals are met in recruiting new members.
- Create a sponsorship and vendor campaign to raise resources.
- Work with Info-Ed to create a Convention program that features advertisement space paid for by sponsors.
- Marketing and promoting of the Convention, including doing research on other conferences that attract a similar audience.
- Create a how-to manual for future conventions! Volunteers for this committee will gain or strengthen skills in developing marketing materials, sponsorship packets, communication and writing.
- Plan the design and decor of the Convention venue.
- Get food donations and plan lunches for the 2-day Convention.
- Help get affordable housing and transportation for everyone attending!