Join the USM Convention Committee!
Get involved in building the June 15-16, 2013
Uhuru Solidarity Movement National Convention!
(to be held in Philadelphia PA – but open to all)
Join one of these exciting teams to bring your skills & interests to help make the work happen and build the USM Convention:
- Help develop the program for the two day USM National Convention including featured speakers, entertainment, workshops, panels, trainings, elections and reports.
- Help to arrange the logistics for all program participants.
Membership & Registration Team:
- Develop exciting new materials like brochures, flyers and web promos to win new members of Uhuru Solidarity Movement.
- Coordinate the May 2013 USM Membership Weekends nationwide!
- Push for memberships, renewals, sustainers and registrations for the 2013 Convention.
- Build the membership and base of Uhuru Solidarity Movement internationally!
- Design and produce creative new materials like posters and postcards for the Convention.
- Get the word out on the streets in YOUR city to get people to the Convention!
- Promote the Convention online through social media, emails, blogs and websites!
- Work closely with Membership and Outreach teams to ensure goals are met in recruiting new members.
- Create a sponsorship and vendor campaign to raise resources.
- Work with Info-Ed to create a Convention program that features advertisement space paid for by sponsors.
- Marketing and promoting of the Convention, including doing research on other conferences that attract a similar audience.
- Create a how-to manual for future conventions! Volunteers for this committee will gain or strengthen skills in developing marketing materials, sponsorship packets, communication and writing.
- Plan the design and decor of the Convention venue.
- Get food donations and plan lunches for the 2-day Convention.
- Help get affordable housing and transportation for everyone attending!
Register/RSVP now for the Sunday meeting!
More info: uhurusolidarity.org • 267-571-9762
Sunday, February 3, 2013
at the Uhuru House, 1245 18th Ave. South, St. Petersburg
as we analyze what the recent Sweetbay closing means in the context of struggle for a public policy of economic development as opposed to the current public policy police containment. The Sweetbay deal was virtually a scam from its inception. We want to recount the nature of the analysis we laid out back then in 2007 and what it means for future struggles in the African community for economic development.
African Resistance Now! – “Lovelle Mixon Lives” –
Live @ INPDUM.ORG
The Uhuru Solidarity Movement calls on all of our members and supporters to tune in this Sunday at 4pm Eastern to “African Resistance Now” on INPDUM.ORG and to register for the upcoming international convention of the InPDUM to be held in St. Petersburg, FL on March 23-24, 2013!